Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tweaked Things a Bit

Hello all...I'm still experimenting. Yesterday I did my weekly deep conditioning (trying to figure out how to fit 2 into the week) and I decided to tweak the ingredients a bit. So, here's where it stands for now----yogurt, honey, shea butter, aloe vera gel, castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, coffee (ground), essential oils (tea tree, peppermint, lavender), suave lavender and lilac conditioner (my hair loves this) and oatmeal. I added the oatmeal for thickening because without it I have the mixture running all down my back (icky mess). My hair loves this mixture. I could only leave it on for an hour because of the runniness but oh my god, the results were wonderful. I stepped out the shower, after rinsing and a condition with the suave and i had hanging corkscrew curls in the back. Now this is an amazing feat because my hair is still fairly short......ooooooo I can't wait to see how it acts when I get some length. The softness is undescribable. I think we have a winner.
Oh yeah I cleansed before the deep conditioner, first time in 2 weeks, seemed like it needed it. I used Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint Pure Castille Soap. the scent is lovely and my scalp tingled. Made my curls pop without conditioner.

Ingredients:

Water, Saponified Organic Coconut & Organic Olive Oils (w/Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Peppermint Oil, Mentha Arvensis Extract, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
very laidback i refuse to deal with drama or negativity