Friday, March 20, 2009

Still Trying New Things

Hey all who might be following this....or maybe I'm the only one interested. Any how I'm still experimenting with my hair----YEAH!!!!! My Activator Gel is against me right now. I don't know what has happened but it just doesn't work like it did a few weeks ago...Oh well onto the next thing. Gel has always been a staple, I just don't like the crunchy it leaves. Today I tried my homemade leave-in for the first---Aloe Vera Gel, Shea Butter(raw!!!!!!!!) and Coconut Oil--(think I'll add honey next time I make it). I put it in after my co-wash/condition last night. This morning my hair was soft as feathers. I put more in with styling and added my gel. Well it didn't give me the automatic curls I was used to the first time I went natural;bout 2 years ago (although very little has been the same about my hair this go around). I'm thinking I may need a somewhat thicker gel to use with this leave-in. I'm going to give Softee gel a try. I'm also going to have a go at Suave naturals lavendar;since the Bio Balance conditioner (which I love) has mineral oil in it which has been said not to be good for skin (ie, scalp....YIKES!!!!);so I figured it's best to find an alternative. Looking to try the generic Biolage sold at Sallys Beauty Supply;been hearing rave reviews about it.

I must not have much porosity to my hair because it took until 4 pm (starting at about 7 am mind you) for my hair to really grasp the product and for curls to fully "pop". I'll try it with the stronger (I hope) gel and see how things go. Til later......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
very laidback i refuse to deal with drama or negativity