Sunday, May 10, 2009

Something That Bugs Me

Good day my brothers and sisters....Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandma's, dad's who play the mom role and you pet owners cuz you know those animals are like children to you.
I just got through talking to my mother and she hit upon something that has been bugging me for a long time now. You know we look to the medical industry to aid in keeping us healthy, mostly by giving us information that will help us. It is appalling to me how this just does not happen. It seems as if there are very few doctors that really care about the people they are supposed to be serving. They just want to push the latest drug down your throat or cut you open with the latest surgical technique rather than actually solving whatever the true problem is. Take me for example, I have known that I have high cholesterol since I was 23, no one seemed too concerned about it at that time (HMMMMMM seems like a good time to get me pointed in the right direction .... don't you think), but as soon as another medical issu comes up, they are leaping all over themselves to convince me to take cholesterol meds (which are horrible---yahoo or google them and read the side effects....YUCK!!!!!). I consistently refused to accept these drugs. I suggested to a medical doctor once about trying natural methods for 3 months to see how that would work, needless to say I was met with a lot of attitude. What did she have to lose by allowing me to try that and see how it went???? A payday from the pharmacuetical company, that's what (that's a topic for another blog though). Anyway, I now go to a Naturopathic Doctor. With these individuals it's all about trying natural rememdies first and drugs lastly, if necessary. Not once has this doctor mentioned cholesterol drugs. After my first test with her came back high, she remarked that if she didn't see much change in the next one, she had a supplement she wanted me to try----a supplement people, not a drug---there are a ton of natural remedies for most ailments out there but most doctors don't take the time to explore them. Needless to say on my next test, 2 out of the 3 cholesterol related areas tested were within normal range (no supplement or DRUGS!!!). I just focused more on what I was putting in my body. Amazing things happen when you stop believing what you are told and start your own research.
That brings me back to the topic my mom touched on today----birth control and antibiotics. Did you know that antibiotics render your birth control ineffective during the time you are on them and up to 48 hours after your last dose? They do. Did you know that oral contraceptives inhibit certain necessary nutrients from entering the body in the way they are supposed to? They do that too, take your supplements people, the health food section kind, not the stuff in the middle aisle (centrum, one a day, etc. do very little except sit in your stomach).
Our food ---OH LORD---that's a blog all unto itself. I'm just gonna leave you with this for now.....limit how much you eat from a package---frozen or otherwise. Raw vegetables and fruit do you the most good.
For excellent mental enrichment check out www.undergroundwellness.com, the individual is also on youtube---this brother is spittin major knowledge. He is a licensed, educated professional. I believe he also has a radio program on blogtalkradio. I am very impressed with him and believe me i don't get impressed easily. Keep it healthy and happy brothers and sisters................educate yourselves, cuz ain't nobody else gonna do it for you.................much love, peace and blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
very laidback i refuse to deal with drama or negativity